Wag the Tree

India is a big country, and many things happen. This is about some of them.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Falling into a drum, and other memorable moments

Every day in the Bombay Times there are more and more revelations. In Straight Answers today, they interviewed the actress (or actor?) Rambha, and the headlined quote was, “One moment I was dancing, the other I had fallen into a drum.” No symbolism here, the drum actually was a drum, a giant one that she had been dancing on for a song. “The surface of the drum just cracked,” she said. “The crew didn’t know where I had disappeared! It was dark inside the drum and I wondered where I had landed!”

What were the options that went through her mind, I wonder.

She ended the interview by saying, “Recently I got lost in a mall in New Zealand. My life is full of such memorable moments.”

And ours too, thanks to BT.
amit varma, 2:17 AM